Pages

Friday 4 July 2014

Thingiverse thing: 608 Idler Pulley with Stand

posted 9 Oct 2013 01:00 by David Taylor

I published my first "thing" on thingiverse.com.
 
It is surprisingly hard to find small pulleys. The few you get do not have bearings, and are just to small.
 
a friend initially suggested that I could simply print these pulleys anyway. I then looked at using 105zz bearings but these are almost 7 times more expensive than 608zz bearings. In my original design I also needed 15 of them.
 
I bit of thinking and designing, I think I have simplified the overall design and cut the costs dramatically by designing a pulley that sits snugly over a standard 608zz bearing.
 
 
 
If you think you could use it, pop over to Thingiverse and print it.
Don't forget to let me know what you think or suggest any improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment