Friday, 4 July 2014

Updated Measurements

posted 14 Oct 2013 00:54 by David Taylor

Due to the fact that it is exam season (In South Africa anyway) I have not been able to do much building this weekend.
 
During a break (or two ;-) I was however able to update my sketchup model complete with a RAMPS 1.4 model to start thinking about placement. Anyway, below is the latest 3D model of what my Delta 3D printer will look like when it's done. In the image below the body work is made with Perspex (Plexy Glass) however, depending on cost and finalisation of the design, initial versions may not look quite that slick.
 
I've also done some measurements, based on the tool cartridge visible in the image above and my rods would need to be 230mm long each. I found out last week that Carbon Fiber tubes are actually cheaper than aluminium profile tubes, so guess which one's I'm planning to use.
 
With a bit of Sanding, I also got the 608 zz bearings clipped into the pulley I designed on Thingiverse and logged another build photo there: http://www.thingiverse.com/make:49800
 
Exams end after the first week in November, at which point I should be able to spend a bit more time on my Printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment