Pages

Saturday 14 June 2014

PID Success

posted 7 Feb 2012 06:09 by David Taylor

I was able to spend a bit of time this weekend working on TriRot again. I've really been trying to figure out why the PID loop I wrote was not working at all. I've done research and tried tuning it to no avail. In the end, it turned out to be a simple bug in my code. (Using the Last IMU data as opposed to the Last Error data in the loop).
The bonus is that it now does not randomly go completely insane while trying to eat anything in range with its three rotors.
Right now it blocks disturbances, but then takes a while to fully correct the movement. In my head this sounds like I need to increase the Integration Gain, which I would probably only be able to test this weekend. (Studying is taking priority over all else at the moment ;-).
In fact; the only reason I am spending any time at all on TriRot is because I am using it as part of my research for my Thesis this year. (Whish me luck, I think I'm going to need it ;-)
Anyway, I'll post picks and/or videos of TriRot testing in its training rig, and hopefully of it flying on its own soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment