Pages

Saturday 14 June 2014

Rear-Upper Shield Mount

posted 8 Mar 2011 14:30 by David Taylor   [ updated 8 Mar 2011 14:46 ]

I finally brazed together the parts to make one of the upper shield mounts. Below is what it looks like after brazing. I will still sand these down to look a bit better and smoother. I'm finding it very difficult to braze these things. Mostly because I'm fairly new to brazing, but also because aluminium is so soft.
In the process of brazing one of the two front-Upper shield mounts I almost melted the entire thing and I still don't have the parts attached.
In other news, I have ordered a Battery, a charger and a power supply which were all marked as "Shipped" as of lunch time today.
Also, if like me you are new to Radio Controlled things, and you have no idea what the C rating on Lithium-Polymer batteries mean, take a look at this very cool article I found: LiPo’s Explained and Explored

No comments:

Post a Comment