Saturday, 14 June 2014

TriRot in a box...

posted 5 May 2011 04:57 by David Taylor

No, TriRot is not dead, but I did strip it down completely in preparation for the installation of the Electronic Speed Controllers (ESC's).
It's actually been quite an Interesting week. One of the Tantalum Caps (indicated in the pic above) blew quite violently. I subsequently noticed that I had installed every one of the 4 tantalum caps the wrong way around. So last night they were de-soldered and fixed, and I also replaced the remnants of the blown cap with a shiny new one.
I also soldered some Pin Headers in place on my FEZmini in preparation for the serial coms cable (TTL-232R-3V3-WE) I bought. This would allow me to get some telemetry from TriRot while it is still tethered. This would allow me to have 1 USB cable for deploying and debugging via Visual Studio and another feeding (and potentially receiving) data for telemetry.
In the meantime I have tested the servo assembly, which moves the rear arm perfectly on the bearings.
Once the ESC's are installed and wired up TriRot would be mechanically complete enough to start flying (tethered to 1/2 USB cable(s) for now). I'll post video's when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment